Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sonya's song

A month or so ago, when I noticed that we had special music coming up in church, I asked the fam if anyone was interested in doing something....All of the kids have sung with us a few times, but no one was jumping up and down to do it this time...except Sonya. She was very willing. I tried to talk Olivia into singing with her, but she wouldn't, which is interesting because Olivia is far from shy. I have discovered, being a performer myself, that there are different types of shy...I can be fairly shy in some situations, but singing in front of people (even hundreds) doesn't phase me. Anyway, Sonya chose to sing "I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy Down in My Heart." She's been singing it her own way for so long, and we always laughed at how she sang it, so it was tough to change her habits at the last minute :) I'm proud of her for following through on it, and singing with such great joy. I hope she will do it again.

0 comments: