Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The concert....finally!

Our school concert was originally scheduled for Dec. 8th....and then we had a blizzard. So, we rescheduled it for the 22nd.....and then we had another blizzard, although it didn't actually start on the 22nd, so hindsight being what it is, the concert could have proceeded. But, understandably so, our administrator felt it was best to postpone, as the forecast was looking nasty for that night. Anyway, it was rescheduled, once again, for Jan. 12th, and, fortunately the weather was beautiful. It almost felt like spring! A big "thank you" to Renee for taking these pictures for me!

5th/6th singing their vocal selections...there's Miranda in the front, and Paul in the back.

Paul sang a descant part on one song.

Olivia and friends playing kazoos in one song.

and doing actions in another

"the baby in the house goes "wa-wa-wa"....took me a while to figure out what they were doing in this picture. I was their accompanist, so I couldn't watch with my full attention.

Sonya holding her ornament up high and proud!

I like how open her mouth is....any music teacher likes to see that! She sang out very well.

I was very proud of my four children, as well as all of our students. In spite of having to wait over a month to perform, I feel it went well. Someone said to me, "Now you can start working on the spring concert!!!" I think that might have to wait a few weeks!

0 comments: