Sunday, July 26, 2009

New furry friend

A family at church was giving away baby Guinea Pigs....It's been quite a while since our last one died, so when they called us to ask if we'd like one, we decided to jump at the chance (especially because when we've seen them at pet stores lately, they've been $30 or more). Anyway, this is our newest family member. Smokey isn't too sure what to think...he took a swipe at him when we introduced them.

He doesn't have a name yet, as we thought Paul and Miranda should give us some input first.

***Update: after much debate, we had it down to Squeaky, Benny (my personal favorite because that's what Sonya called him--the "Benny Pig" and Spongebob (which was Sonya's suggestion). Well, we couldn't agree, so we put those 3 names in a bowl.....and drew out Spongebob....but at that point, Sonya had lost interest and gone outside......so we re-drew because none of us really wanted Spongebob....when we re-drew, it was Squeaky....So, Squeaky it is!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K. that thing is cute. I can't wait to meet him and name him!

Wheeler Family said...

Aw-he's so cute!

Anonymous said...

he is sooooo cute mom.i cant wait to see him.but i still love smokey more.






love miranda

Charlie said...

I have to agree! It is cute. Makes me almost want one.:)

Anonymous said...

so... that bald spot makes you want to name him what, Mom






Love, Paul.

Anonymous said...

David thinks we should name it Ruby and I agree with that name. How about you, mommy?





Love, Paul

sixbehrs said...

Ummm....Paul, I know I'm going to see you tomorrow, but I'll tell you now that I'm voting for Benny. This is because Sonya calls him our "Benny Pig," and it's so cute when she says that! But I like Ruby, too...except that it's a boy...