Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wyoming adventures

We just spent 5 days with Aaron's folks in WY. Aaron's sister and her kids were also able to come, so the kids had a blast with their cousins. Here is just a sampling of the adventures that the kids had.

The obligitory "cousins in the bathtub" photo. Heather (Aaron's sis) and I decided that this will probably be the last one....the 4 older cousins took baths together years ago, and now these 3, but this time Olivia was a little too interested in Timmy's "spout," as she called it. She said, "I like his spout. It's cool."

Ok, movin' right along....we went to a lake and the kids got to find cool rocks. It was a little too chilly to wade, but they had fun anyway.

Sonya seems to think she's cute. They did some face-painting earlier that day, in case you're wondering about Sonya and Olivia's cheeks.


I like this one of Paul and Miranda. As I've said before, I am so glad they're good friends.

Miranda, Paul, and Emma. These pics are from a little excursion we took to see the land that Grandpa purchased. Where else but in the middle of WY can you buy 41 acres for next to nothing? Some of the property needs a lot of work and clean-up, but one of his immediate plans is to start an orchard.

The 3 little ones kept themselves entertained by playing in the outhouse. Isn't that great!!??? Although I'll never be one to say that I love the great outdoors, Aaron's family has at least helped me relax a little about being out in it.

Sonya and Timmy found a fun place to jump.

Here's another "great outdoors" moment that this mommy just loved....Miranda found a deer skull. Can you say, "Ewwwww?" She must have something of her dad in her, though, because she thought it was cool!

David is contemplating something.

The girls, just hanging out.

And this is my lovely daughter, Paula.....I will save this as a blackmail picture.

4 comments:

The Hicks Family said...

This look like such a great time with memories made to last a lifetime! I agree on the last picture...good blackmail later on. :)

Bley's Blog said...

Glad you were all able to have a good time, and the kids could spend time with their cousins!

Wheeler Family said...

Cousins are the best! I have lots of memories of spending time w/ my cousins, even though we didn't together very often. Looks like a fun time!

Charlie said...

Looks like a fun time! And I agree with you...Ewww! Out house and skulls. Too funny!