Monday, January 19, 2009

Talking politics with Livvy Lou

Olivia brought home a Weekly Reader today that had Barack Obama on its cover. She opened it up and showed me the pictures inside. She said, "Rock Bama is moving into that pretty white house." A little later, she asked me if he's the only president with brown skin. Then, quite a bit later, after we'd talked about various other topics, she said, "Can he come over and see our cat?" I said, "Who?" "Rock Bama," she answered. Obviously, "Rock Bama" was a hot topic at preschool today!

5 comments:

Walkers said...

Funny!!

Dave Ja Vu said...

Cuteness on a cracker.

If he comes over to see your cat, you'd better call me!

Peyton and Sawyers Place said...

That's so cute. However, this makes me wonder if Peyton is even paying attention at school, 'cause she's mentioned nothing about "Rock Bama." ;o)

sixbehrs said...

It's funny what they each pick up on...Maybe Olivia was just especially interested. Peyton probably found something else to be more interesting that morning!

The Maris' said...

she is the most hilarious little person. I love spending time with her just to see what she comes up with. Thanks for letting her sit by me at church.