Saturday, December 06, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree

Well, we finally put up the tree this morning. The kids were very helpful. In fact, I think I only had to hang one or two ornaments.

Miranda did the star honors this year.

The finished product. Nothing fancy, but we like it!

My favorite ornaments...a set of probably a dozen crocheted snowflakes that my Grandma made for me when we got married. They have so much meaning to me now that she's gone. In fact, I got rather nostalgic about them this morning.

Just when we've finally gotten to the stage where we can actually hang ornaments on the bottom 1/3 of the tree, we got a cat. But it really doesn't matter where we hang the ornaments this year, because Smokey can climb to the top, anyway. I'm betting we'll come home from school one of these days and the tree will be tipped over.


Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Peyton and Sawyers Place said...

I hear ya' on the cat thing. My cat will NOT leave the tree alone... it's frustrating! Have fun with that!