Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Eve of Christmas

As is tradition in the Behrends household, we went to church tonight for the Chrismas Eve service. Aaron led the singing and I played piano. We then had lots of wonderful food at a friend's house. The kids were itching to get out of there as fast as we could so they could get home and open gifts. As Aaron was praying after we read the Christmas story together, he reminded us all that the gifts we were about to open were just a small representation of the greatest gift of all, God's son. It was a good reminder to me, as it's so easy to get caught up in the trappings of Christmas.

Miranda asked for a labler. Interesting choice, I thought. She said she wanted it so she could "label her forehead." Well, that's exactly what she did right after opening it. You probably can't read it in this picture but the label says, "Miranda #1." I told her that if she starts labeling Smokey, the labler is mine.

Sonya kept saying, "Thank you, thank you. It's what I always wanted!"

Paul's main gift--an mp3 player. He's pretty stoked about it, which made me feel good, considering he wouldn't even make me a list!

Livvy Lou was pretty enthusiastic...although things hit a snag when Sonya got a "cooler" gift than she did. She was pretty much over it by bedtime, though, although there will probably be fights tomorrow.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: