Sunday, November 30, 2008

Colorado Thanksgiving, with a bit of Christmas thrown in

We spent a few days at Aaron's sister's house in Colorado. The kids had a blast with their cousins, as usual.
We also celebrated Christmas together. Sonya is obviously happy with her gift.

Olivia caught a cold, so she did a lot of snuggling and laying around.

The big kids performed an interesting rendition of the Christmas Story...complete with commercials and creative license....but it was fun. Here they are taking a bow.

Decorating cookies

Good enough to eat!

Teamwork, teamwork

Sonya+Molly=good buds

Grandpa tickling Olivia

Aaron and Jason getting some Wii time in (even as I write this, my arm is killing me from playing tennis, bowling, etc...) Think we're gonna have to save up for a Wii...

One of the many costumes that the kids wore when they were playing various role-playing games.

Aarrrggghhh! Sonya and Timmy having another mid-morning snack.

We decided to come home a day early, as there was a storm heading in. It took us 5 hours to go the 120 miles from Gypsum to Denver...most of the time we were going 10-20 mph. This was mostly because of an accident near the Eisenhower Tunnel. At one point we sat completely still for 1/2 hr. I will say this about the kids--they were sooo good. During that 5 hr. stretch, I didn't even hear the word, "potty." We were happy to get to Denver, though. It made for a really long day. We got home a little after midnight.

4 comments:

Dave Ja Vu said...

Okay, that last photo gave me heebs like the dickens! I do not like traveling on snowy, windy roads and it's even worse with kids in the car! I do not envy your ride home but am glad you made it safely home.

sixbehrs said...

Here's the secret, Dave...a DVD player in your car (I think I read that you have one of those, too). It helps a lot. We watched a lot of movies yesterday!

Bley's Blog said...

Looks like a very fun Thanksgiving, but like David, I do not envy your trip home! One time we sat forever trying to get through there too...thank goodness we did not have kids along! Renee and I played games. :)

Ma.n.Pa.Erickson said...

Sounds like a great trip even with the long ride home. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.