Friday, August 29, 2008

"Free" at last

Today was Sonya's 3rd birthday. The baby days are long-gone at this house!!! While that's kind of sad, I suppose I wouldn't really want her to stay a baby forever. We just had a simple celebration at home. Our menu consisted of Mac 'n' cheese (what else??!!) tropical fruit salad, and berry blue shakes. Her main gift was a Barbie Big Wheel, but the $1 toy phone I got her at Alco has been the big hit so far!!!

Sonya's Strawberry Shortcake (sort-of) "pupcakes." All day long it was, "I want to have pupcakes." Luckily, she took a good nap, so I was able to make them without her "help." :)

Time to open presents

Wow, I like it!!!

Sonya had lots of helpers....

And Olivia even offered to help play with the toys.

It took about 5 blows for 3 candles....I guess she's not as windy as her mom!

3 comments:

Wheeler Family said...

I like the pupcakes-it turned out cute :)

Charlie's thoughts said...

The cake turned out cute! Happy birthday Miss Sonya! Isn't it amazing how fast time goes by?! I also liked the "windy" comment. Laughter...Ahhh.

Bley's Blog said...

I agree...cute cake!