Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Olivia-isms

Last night Olivia and I went to pre-school open house, just to get signed up for pre-school for next year. She headed straight for the dress-up trunk and had tons of fun dressing like a princess while I filled out information. After that, we went to the cafe and had a little supper together. I honestly can't think of too many other times when I've done something with just her, so it was fun.

On Saturday, I jokingly said to her, "Oh, Olivia, what am I going to do with you?" Her reply was, "Just love me forever." It was so cute, and so profound in a way that only a four-year-old can be.

Also on Saturday, while my folks were here, she was asking me where Grandma's mom was. I told her that Grandma's mom is in heaven with Jesus, and that we can see her someday if we have Jesus in our hearts. She said, "I want to have Jesus in my heart." So I just said, "well, you just have to ask Him." So she did. She very simply said, "Jesus, come in my heart." It was really awesome. I asked her to tell Grandma what she'd just done, but then she got shy and wouldn't do it. Anyway, it was a cool moment.

3 comments:

Wheelers said...

Aww, that's cute-"just love me forever".
That's awesome about her prayer too. Maycee has been praying for all her friends to accept Jesus.

The McCrumb 6 said...

That is so cute.

Bley's Blog said...

So cool, and so sweet!