Sunday, March 16, 2008

10 or so spools of ribbon later....

This was my latest project of sorts--a ribbon window treatment for the window in the "blue bathroom." And no, I didn't think of this myself. I'll have to credit Deb for giving me the idea. She said she saw it on one of those home decorating-type shows. I'm so glad I have friends who watch TV. :-) And I didn't even fool my own children with this idea. The first thing Miranda asked me when she saw the final product was, "who gave you that idea?" She knows her mother's lack of decorating talent.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Wheelers said...

That's a fun idea! I like the colors.

Deb Echols said...

Yours turned out prettier than the one I saw! I love it! Great Job!!

Sharon said...

I like it Sara!

Bley's Blog said...

Very cool!

The Lutz Family said...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!! Teach me how! Seriously!

Walkers said...

I want to know too!

sixbehrs said...

It's so simple--just tie varying lengths of ribbon to your curtain rod (or,you could even just hot-glue them if you're going to cover the top w/ something like I did)Then I just hot-glued a wide ribbon over the top, because I didn't really like seeing the place where I'd tied them. Simple! I did find that it took a lot more ribbon than I'd expected, which made it a little more expensive than I'd expected. What you see there is probably, like I said 10 spools of ribbon, and that's not a very big window, really. So I could have just gotten a $10 valance from wal-mart, which would have been cheaper, because some of the wide, fancy ribbon wasn't too cheap (over $2 a spool)

Emma's Mom said...

I love it, Sara! It turned out really pretty!