Paul had a wrestling tornament on Fri. evening. Here are just a few pictures from that.
The bottom picture speaks for itself, although I will say that they got these lovely glasses from Sharon, their Sunday School teacher :-)
Teresa helped me corral the little ones, as Aaron was at a youth group function. Here's Olivia, Teresa, and Teresa's daughter Kiersten, aka Olivia's bestest friend.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Paul had a wrestling tornament on Fri. evening. Here are just a few pictures from that.
Posted by sixbehrs at 2:06 PM
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Posted by sixbehrs at 6:12 PM
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
Paul and Miranda have been practicing (fairly) diligently for a while now on their recital pieces. I'm really proud of them, and I'd also like to say that they have a great piano teacher. Thanks, Nancy!
Posted by sixbehrs at 9:43 AM
Sunday, March 16, 2008
This was my latest project of sorts--a ribbon window treatment for the window in the "blue bathroom." And no, I didn't think of this myself. I'll have to credit Deb for giving me the idea. She said she saw it on one of those home decorating-type shows. I'm so glad I have friends who watch TV. :-) And I didn't even fool my own children with this idea. The first thing Miranda asked me when she saw the final product was, "who gave you that idea?" She knows her mother's lack of decorating talent.
Posted by sixbehrs at 9:20 PM
Saturday, March 15, 2008
The Real Jesus
This isn't the kind of thing that I normally post, but I've just got to say that if you haven't discovered the group, "Downhere" yet, you should! Their 2007 album, "Wide-eyed and Mystified" is awesome. This song, from that album, is my favorite at the moment.
Also, I might add that the 2 main singers in this group are HOT,
which doesn't hurt their appeal, in my opinion. I even told Aaron this, and he seems ok with it, since it's not likely that I'll ever meet them, and plus I'm sure they're happily married, and so am I. But wow--they rock my socks off :-) Take a listen.
Posted by sixbehrs at 1:58 PM
Thursday, March 13, 2008
10 Things About Me...
I was tagged by Tiffany
Here's how you play. Once you've been tagged you have to write a blog of ten weird, random things, facts or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose five people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them to be tagged. Don't forget to leave them a comment "You're it!" and tell them to read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you. Since you can't tag that person back, let her know when you've posted your blog so she can read your answers.
1. I've had 6 eye surgeries, 5 of them before I started school, one about 10 years ago.
2. When I was a kid, I would come home at lunch from school, make myself a PB&J sandwich, and practice the piano. Apparantly, I did this quite often.
3. I was extremely bashful as a child. I can remember clinging to my mom's leg, and not being able to look people in the eye when they talked to me.
4. When I was in 5th grade, we had a writing contest in my class. I won the grand prize of 2 round-trip airplane tickets to Denver. (brag, brag, brag) :-) I took my mom with me, and we went and saw Ice Capades. Oh, and it was a science fiction story. Still have it if anyone's interested :-)
5. I am hopelessly addicted to Mountain Dew and lip gloss (big shock to those of you who are around me often, huh??)
6. If I haddnt' mayjered in musik i wood have mayjered in english and thenn i could bee teachin your kidz too use reelly grate grammer and speling and stuff!!!!!
7. I met my hubby on the first day of college. I thought he was dark and mysterious because it was a rainy day and he was wearing an olive green trenchcoat (plus, he's dark; hence, the dark part). As I got to know him later that semester, I seriously thought he was a know-it-all, and he kept following me around, which annoyed me, and, quite frankly, creeped me out a bit (just kidding). Eventually, I saw him for the awesome person he is, and I wouldn't change it for the world. What a blessing he is!
8. I could read all day long. Seriously. But I have 4 kids and a part-time job, so I settle for reading at bedtime only.
9. I started going grey at age 15. I'm not kidding--if I didn't color it, I would probably be 60-70% grey.
10. The one and only time that I got detention was in 5th grade. The teacher left the room for a few minutes, and in the meantime, a bunch of kids started shooting spitwads. I decided to give it a try, and guess who walked in the door at that exact moment? I'm such a rebel, aren't I?
Tag, you're it!
Alyssa...even though you're my "oldest" friend, I'm sure you'll surprise me
Kim...you'll crack me up, no matter what you say!
Charlie...I would like to know more about you
Deb...you need to post again!
Jami...I don't see you often, so I'd love to know some fun things about you!
Posted by sixbehrs at 9:41 PM
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
The project of the evening was to put up my new Uppercase Living stuff. I have been so excited to get it. I'm glad I started with the one in the living room, as the bedroom one was a pain! I might have just quit and not even tried the living room! I think part of the problem with the bedroom one was that I was putting it onto new paint. And since it was so big, it took a lot of time and patience. Anyway, I'm really happy with both of them. Question: do you think I need something over the top of the living room one--maybe just something small. I also have a 10x13 of all 4 kids together, but I didn't know if I should use that in this arrangement or not. Ah, decisions, decisions. Martha Stewart I am sooo not!
Thanks, Renee, for hosting the catalog party! I wouldn't have taken the plunge and done something like this if you hadn't.
Posted by sixbehrs at 10:58 PM
I want to thank Charlie for designing my header. On Sunday, I was telling her that I liked hers, and I was saying that I wished I could do those types of things, but I don't have Adobe or any of those types of programs. So, this morning she called me up and told me she'd designed one for me. Pretty nice, huh??!!
Posted by sixbehrs at 12:59 PM
Monday, March 10, 2008
Signs of Spring
Probably about a year ago, I remember Tiffany telling me, "soon we'll be wearing flip-flops and capris." I think it was when I was a little down, or lamenting how sick of winter I was. So, to anyone out there who's needing a little cheering up, remember what she told me.
Today is an absolutely beautiful day. Tiffany, I'm only sorry that you're stuck inside, not able to wear capris or flip-flops :-) Maybe when you get off work.
P.S. I'm warning you-don't enlarge this picture (of course, now many of you will :-) I did a really quick job of shaving, and you can still see my blue nail polish underneath the pink. Yikes.
Posted by sixbehrs at 2:54 PM
Sunday, March 09, 2008
Visit from Grandma Pumpkin Pie and Papa Con
My mom and dad came down from Chadron for the weekend. They hadn't been here in ages. Whenever they'd come to see us, they would stay in a hotel (obviously not here in town, since there isn't one), because of our lack of space, and the fact that we only had one bathroom. It was wonderful to able to have them stay with us, and not feel like we were on top of each other. If you've never experience claustrophobia, try putting 8 people (or even 6) in a house that has only a little over 1000 sq. feet! But then I always have to remind myself that there are millions of people in this world living in worse situations.
Playing a rousing game of Password....the password is "butt"
Snuggling with Grandpa
And we finally got dressed!
Posted by sixbehrs at 6:27 PM
Friday, March 07, 2008
There are 347,600 people in the U.S. with the first name Sara.
Statistically the 168th most popular first name.
More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Sara are female.
Names similar to Sara:
There are 1,579 people in the U.S. with the last name Behrends.
Statistically the 18372nd most popular last name.
Posted by sixbehrs at 1:10 PM
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Bedroom project continued...
We painted our bedroom on Saturday. Or, I should say that Aaron painted the bedroom, and I helped a little, and Sharon even stopped by and got to help (she didn't know we were painting, so God must have brought her here :-) I can't wait to get my Uppercase Living "headboard", and I also plan to get a pink "swag" to drape over the curtains.
Posted by sixbehrs at 12:26 PM
Playin' in the rain
We got a smidge of rain today, so Olivia of course had to go out and play in it! A few of our gutters need work, but Olivia didn't mind because that just meant that there was a steady stream coming from the roof right onto the deck, making a great "shower" to play in.
Posted by sixbehrs at 12:25 PM