Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Recent happenings at school
I helped with Paul's Valentine's party last week, which was pretty fun because I really enjoy his class. The first pictures are from that, although I didn't get any good pictures with Paul actually in them...such is life. Last week Paul and Miranda both competed in a spelling contest. Paul came away with 2nd place for the 4th graders. I wasn't able to attend this event, but it wouldn't have been much of a photo op anyway, as the students WROTE the words, rather than spelling them out loud. Today, both Paul and Miranda competed in a quiz bowl. I think they both enjoyed it once the nerves wore off. I was amazed by how tough some of the questions were--math questions involving fractions, decimals, etc., where you weren't allowed to use paper. Yikes! Their team didn't place, but they actually did beat McCook (the overall winner of the contest). We gave McCook their only loss of the day.

1 comments:

The Hagan Clan said...

It was nice to see you for a short moment Tuesday...nice pics. by the way...lol could you send me the one with Dakota in it since i forgot to grab my camera befor i went to work that day...lol forgetfull me! my addy is yzarcnagah@hotmail.com...thanks! Way to go team for beating McCook!