Monday, September 17, 2007

Enjoying late summer days at the park

Olivia and Sonya have put many, many miles on their strollers lately. Here, generic Care Bear is getting a ride from Snow White.

Sonya had to settle for a little brown bear. It stinks being the youngest sometimes.

Generic Care Bear goes for a ride. Even though our park has much nicer play equipment at the top of the hill, lately Olivia has had a definite preference for the slums, even though that means wading through weeds, and playing on equipment that dates back several decades (at least).

Aaron, Paul and Miranda played ball tag up on "snob hill."

8 comments:

Wheelers said...

Callie Pillar, I love it :) Maycee is SO scared of that old slide--funny.

Walkers said...

What cuties! Love the names of the "friends". Pretty creative!

Deb Echols said...

How adorable! Children come up with the cutest things!!

The Lutz Family said...

The slums. How funny! I have great memories at that park. The slide is the best EVER! Ya just don't see those anymore. I remember my friends and I taking wax paper to slide down on. It was FAST and so much fun (except on those hot summer days when the metal would badly burn your rear.) Oh the good ole days. :)

Anonymous said...

That slide was one of the best reasons to go to Wauneta so I totally agree with Brooke! I love the Snow White garb. What fun!

Dave

sixbehrs said...

Yeah, I'm glad they didn't get rid of that stuff when they put in the new equipment. The only problem is all the stickers in that area of the park. But that slide is definitely a classic, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

What fun! Larissa

The Hoskovec's said...

I still play on the old slums! Yes I am still a little kid! We do have a great park, all of it! The girls looked so cute!