Sunday, August 26, 2007

Happy Birthday, Delores!
"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:3-5

Wow! That's quite a command. But I can honestly say that Delores has exemplefied these verses for me. She has been such an awesome friend, through thick and thin. She knows more about me than almost anyone and, get this--she still likes me!!! I honestly don't know where I'd be if God had not put her into my life. I guess I was dropped into hers, since she lived here before I did. What can I say--everyone needs a Delores in her life!

Thank you, Delores, for your ongoing friendship, even across a vast ocean and about 8 time zones. Hope you have a great birthday! (notice I didn't say a word about how much older you are than me :-)

0 comments: