Thursday, July 26, 2007

Home improvement....continued
Aaron and I painted the dining room today. When we put siding on the house, we decided to get rid of one of our really huge windows. Of course, that left us with quite a bit of patching and texturing to do to make it look as though there was never a window! I figured while we were at it, we might as well paint the room a different color. We'll eventually do the living room in this same color, which is called "Cocoa Rose." I realized when I looked at these pictures that the color doesn't really look different, but belive me, in person it's quite a bit different.

Before--the lovely light pink that makes up about 99 percent of our walls. The previous owners apparantly loved pink, because my carpet is also a rose color.

The wall where the window used to be

After--Cocoa Rose

And the patched wall

7 comments:

Wheelers said...

Looks nice!

tiffany said...

I'll have to come see it in person...looks really good! I'll bet you are glad to have it done!

Walkers said...

Looks great. Hope to see it soon. :)

Dave Ja Vu said...

Looks great. And I love how in the bottom picture, if you enlarge it, you can see on the computer screen your own blog! It's like a parallel universe! You planned that right? Please tell me you did!

Have a GREAT weekend!

sixbehrs said...

Yes, Dave, and you can also see that I need to dust....and that I missed a few spots while painting...so I prefer to just not enlarge it :-)

Dave Ja Vu said...

Oh. I didn't even notice that, but now that you mention it, I'll have to go enlarge that photo again!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Looking good! Larissa