Monday, April 09, 2007

Miranda's 8th Birthday
April 10th is actually Miranda's birthday, but we celebrated today since there was no school, and also because I will have my piano lessons tomorrow evening. We went to McCook and ate lunch, then went to Wally World and got Miranda a new bike. She's still been riding the bike we got her several years ago. Her knees were almost bumping her chin. When we got home, we attempted to make a "treasure chest" cake. Well, let's just say that I won't be looking for a career as a cake decorator anytime soon! The cake totally fell apart. Miranda was so sweet--she said, "it's ok, when we frost it, it will look fine." So, the first picture shows the frosting I used to try and patch it up. Miranda decorated it herself with candy. I know that sounds weird, but she's such a "hands-on" person, that I knew she wouldn't be happy if I made her get out of the kitchen so I could decorate it. Anyway, it all turned out ok. My mom always made such beautiful cakes, and I sometimes wonder how she did it. I was just so relieved when it was done! Olivia and Sonya kept trying to steal candy. It about drove me bonkers! But Miranda was happy with it, so that's what matters. Wal-mart might make her next birthday cake!!!




4 comments:

Wheelers said...

Looks like it turned out cute! Happy Birthday, Miranda!

Anonymous said...

I think the cake looks just like the one you showed me in the book! Tell Miranda Happy Birthday for me!
Larissa

Tiffany said...

It's not what the cake looks like so much as how much fun you had...and it looks like Miranda had lots of fun!! I don't think it looks bad, frosting can cover a lot of things!

Anonymous said...

I thought the cake looked good. The frosting and all the goodies are just what kids like. Happy Birthday Miranda. Teresa