Wednesday, December 13, 2006

One concert down.......
Last night was the Wauneta Christmas concert. Thankfully, in our school, we can still call it that, and also can still sing songs about baby Jesus. Miranda's grade, along with K and 1st, sang 4 songs--"Play the Band, It's Christmas Time," "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," "The Little Drummer Boy," and "All I Want for Christmas." I was happy with how they sang, but their stage behavior was a bit lacking. We'll continue to work on that....
Paul's grade, along with 4th, did a musical called, "Humbug!", which was based on "A Christmas Carol" by Dickens. However, the main character was a grumpy teacher named Ms. Ebenezer. The three guides were Mr. Marley, the school's custodian (Paul), Coach Copperfield, the P.E. teacher, and Ms. Nickelby, the music teacher. The kids did an outstanding job. I must say it was probably my favorite musical that any of my students have ever done.
The saga will continue next week at my Palisade concert.....

0 comments: